Vacancy: Fabrication Site Manager
Reporting To: Branch Manager
Location: 95 Aston Church Road, Aston, Birmingham B7 5RQ
Job Type: Permanent – Full Time / Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm (with one hour’s unpaid lunch), flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business.
Remuneration: Competitive, dependent on experience
Benefits: Additional days for long service, a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, health cash plan, HSF perkbox and on-site parking.
Pura Façade is 7 years old, and is part of Vivalda Group Plc with a turnover this year of over £40 million, employing over 150 people. Pura employs 15 staff, and started trading in 2014 having been researched and launched by the existing directors of the Vivalda Group as a new and separate business within the Group. Pura’s performance to date has been strong, rising to a peak of £6m per year in sales from a standing start six years ago, and has been profitable every year. Pura specifies and sells high end architectural façade products, which determine the look of any given building’s exterior once installed. They come in a range of natural looks, finishes and sizes from thicker blocks to thin lightweight panels. Pura are distributors and fabricators of these high-end natural cladding products, so we buy and sell them as well as offering our clients the additional services that they require to design and install these materials on their building. These services include façade design and engineering and fixing system layouts. We offer product presentations to architects, specialist façade installers and building contractors. We also offer onsite training and support from first delivery to site through to building handover. The Group is known for having a successful and effective sales force, and an experienced and hands on management team. The MD and directors are directly involved in the day to day running of the business and are always accessible. Vivalda Group PLC has been profitable every year since inception in 1999, and owns most of its sites up and down the UK.
Pura is a friendly company with good staff, who are experienced in facades. Many of our colleagues communicate with the warehouse team on a daily basis from the office in London as well as visiting the warehouse. In addition, the head office support departments are next door, such as facilities, HR and transport depts.
Some customers also visit. It’s a busy environment with goods in and out on articulated and smaller trucks every other day and our own lorry and or van leaving for building sites most mornings.
Everyone pitches in and helps where they can.
- Receive and store pallets of cladding panels and boxes of fixings and components in the warehouse in a safe manner.
- Cut or just drill the cladding panels received to the required production drawings. This can involves cutting and normally includes marking up and drilling using specialist equipment.
- Pack and palletise the panels and fixing system components accurately and safely for transport to site.
- This often has to be done in a specific order, with accurate packing lists added.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the warehouse, planning the jobs and outbound deliveries according to customer requirements and the priorities set out by the operations dept.
- Co-ordinate logistics with the Operations manager regarding everything coming in and out of the warehouse.
- Day to day management of the warehouse, ensuring customer orders and deliveries are completed in line with internal and external requirements.
- Reporting on project fabrication progress and estimated number of days required to complete.
- Book and manage temporary labour and administer their timesheets.
- Ensure all key consumable item stock levels are maintained including critical spares and PPE equipment.
- Carry out a quarterly stock take of all materials and consumables in the warehouse.
- Maintain the company’s tools and equipment efficiently, maintain a register and log any defects, arrange for repairs or replacement parts with the office and ensure staff are competent to use them.
- Managing the team’s additional hours and approving holiday request forms.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security of the work environment.
- Ensuring that our health and safety portal is maintained and up to date for the warehouse and that tool box talks are carried out with the team.
- Carry out quality control on the fabricated panels to catch any mistakes early on and remedy.
- In summary you would run this warehouse like it’s your own, from ensuring the cleaner is doing their job to making sure the equipment is safe and that the 3 staff are working safely and accurately.
- Opening up in the morning and locking at end of day as necessary.
- Any other reasonable request by management
Please note that this will change as the role and function to the business develops
- Previous experience in a Warehouse Manager/Supervisor/Fabrication role managing a small team.
- Previous experience in using manual tools and equipment, to achieve a good finished end product.
- Ability to communicate at all levels – acceptable written and verbal English required.
- Forklift truck certificate (if expired this can be redone with Pura).
- Ability to understand a simple production drawing and to measure and mark up and cut.
- Flexibility in works hours may be required from time to time.
- A positive team player, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, looking for solutions rather than problems.
- Professional attitude and commitment.
- Basic computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office (excel, word) to list panels and create packing lists and to use Outlook for emails and to print off and scan documents and send to the relevant colleagues.
- Experience in a construction or fabrication environment
- GCSE in Maths and English
To apply email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org